Show FileMIME type:image/jpegFile Size:135.1 Kb
MetadataShow full item record
Glencairn Garden was started by Dr. David A. Bigger and his wife Hazel with several blooming azalea bushes given to them by friends. Bigger's purchased additional lots on Crest Street adjoining his home on Charlotte Avenue to expand his plantings. In 1940 when given its formal name the gardens contained 12,000 bushes. The name came from the family's ancestral home in Scotland. The garden was given to the city of Rock Hill in 1958.