Peace Parade, Rock Hill, SC
Show FileMIME type:image/jpegFile Size:82.3 Kb
MetadataShow full item record
SubjectRock Hill, SC Events
Jaycees sponsored at Peace Parade in September, 1945 to welcome home the World War II veterans. The parade started at the Andrew Jackson Hotel on Main Street at Oakland Avenue and ended at Confederate Park where a memorial service for the dead was held. Parade consisted of decorated cars and bicycles, a marching band, a color guard, equestrians, and veterans from all branches of the armed forces. In the front row here are Barron Nowak on the small bicycle and James S. White on the large bicycle with the American flag.